[Updated 02/03/2018 with a new asking price.]
Hi folks, with regards to any of these articles about businesses for sale, please conduct your due diligence, which includes speaking to someone with proven experience in this area, before signing anything. Cheers, D.
This studio was built, more than 10 years ago, on the idea of bringing affordable Personal Training to Melbourne. The result is this successful Personal Training studio, built from scratch, that has grown considerably over the years.
Among the membership community are people that have been with the studio since day one. Our members are like minded and enjoy the social aspect to the studio, along with the physical benefits. Member numbers have kept the community close knit and has allowed all clients and trainers the comfort and room to enjoy space to train.
The business model for this studio is unique, and as such has allowed for “Unlimited Personal Training” for all members at an affordable price. One on one PT studios will never be able to match the prices we offer for a premium service and this keeps the business safe from market influx of gyms and other pt studios.
The Studio currently has 110 clients, 1 full time trainer (Employed), 2 part time trainers, and the owner who works in the business full time also.
All equipment/furniture is owned outright with an asset value of approximately $60,000.
The studio, on busy Church street, is 200sqm and is located upstairs. It has street frontage, walk and drive by traffic and highly visible signage. It is in a superior location. It could easily facilitate up to 160 members and has a lot of potential still to grow should the new owner want to do so.
Rent is $4,400 per month (includes outgoing) therefore overhead expenses are quite low, making the commitment a little easier especially for someone transitioning from something smaller, expanding or even just starting out. Currently have a 3 year x 3 year lease in place.
This business is suited to…
- A personal trainer with an entrepreneurial spirit!
- A PT starting out that would like the help of an exponential leap with this facility already going, a community and network already started
- A business minded individual that wants to run and/operate a gym as just a gym owner and grow the members and community
- A PT looking to expand their current business
Asking price is $98,000 for a turnkey successful business:
- A facility paying for itself including outgoings
- An already established community with over 100 clients all on memberships (plus a database of over 300 contacts)
- Excellent Trainers already employed and delivering results
- An established name and location for 10 years (Name can either stay or be changed depending on buyer)
- $60,000 worth of equipment, furniture, etc.
- Materials, systems and operations in place.
What are you saving?
- Time setting up including finding a rental for a good price in the city. Along with renovating the space: paint, gym flooring, renovations to suit gym atmosphere, bathrooms etc
- Buying equipment second hand or new each piece or small groups at a time (costing more, not saving as much as a whole package buy) including cost of moving.
- INCOME $$$ straight away from over 100 clients.
- Real Estate: Lease
- Lease Terms: 3 year x 3 year Lease currently in place
- Leasehold Rent: $53,000 (AUD) per annum
- Size in square feet: 200sqm
- Reasons for selling: Personal.
- Trading hours: Monday – Friday, 5am – 1pm and 4pm – 8pm, Saturday, 8am – 1pm, Sunday, 8am – 12noon
More information available upon request. Please contact Michael Badman at